The Port of Wyndham located in Cambridge Gulf in the north of Western Australia was first gazetted in 1886 and serviced primarily the cattle industry.
Today the Port’s trade consists mainly of livestock export, nickel concentrate export, fuel import, ammonium nitrate import for the mining sector and general cargo.
The Port is a State Government owned asset managed under an operating agreement by Cambridge Gulf Limited (CGL). CGL engaged URS with the support of Duratec to conduct a comprehensive condition assessment of all fixed infrastructure across the site and develop a five year fully budgeted maintenance plan.
The inspection scope included buildings, roads, the main jetty structure, and cathodic protection systems. The inspections were completed in line with the guidelines from the Ports Australia Wharf Structures Condition Assessment Manual. The site works were completed by URS and Duratec Engineers on budget and on schedule.nts
- Comprehensive condition assessment and five year maintenance plan completed for all assets.
- Cathodic protection system performance review and fault diagnosis.
- The Ports Australia Wharf Structures Condition Assessment Manual guidelines were used as the basis for the inspection procedure.
- Condition Assessment
- Durability Planning & Materials Selection
- Non Destructive Testing & Structural Health Monitoring