SMS engaged Duratec to refurbish one of their Komatsu 785 dump trucks.
The truck was freighted to Duratec’s blast and paint yard in Parkeston, Kalgoorlie and then prepared for sandblasting
by EWP, due its large scale and height. All hand rails were removed to be blasted and painted separately and refitted at the end of the job.
A 2.5 class blast was carried out followed by a coat of a two- pack epoxy steel primer, then a top coat of full gloss, two- component acrylic polyurethane in yellow and grey. Once complete the stickers were refitted and the refurbished truck freighted directly back to site.
- Duratec complements our site works capabilities with blast and paint facilities in Kalgoorlie, Karratha and Darwin.
- These facilities have dedicated abrasive blasting and painting enclosures able to accommodate any size project from small equipment pieces to large dump trucks.
- The correct surface preparation, selection and application of a protective coating system is vital in maximising the life of our clients’ assets and we achieve this by employing experienced industry professionals, tradespersons and NACE qualified inspectors.
- Whatever your requirements, we deliver by utilising fit- for-purpose materials from single and two pack epoxies and urethanes to high performance elastomers and polyureas.
- Blast & Paint Facilities
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings