Coating repairs to the QUBE barge wharf sheet piles, located at the Pilbara Ports Dampier Cargo Wharf.
The works were completed during restricted access periods of low tide in order to achieve the designated termination points.
The scope of works included:
- Barnacle removal.
- High pressure water wash to remove salt contamination.
- Abrasive blast to a class 21/2 blast.
- Coating with International Paints Interzone 954.
- Allowing for tide movements, an additional water wash was then completed prior to a second coating with Interzone 954 high build epoxy.
- Works completed with no environmental impact or incidents.
- Duratec’s local Karratha workforce was utilised to accommodate for the flexible low tide periods.
- Works were completed following Duratec’s high quality control standards.
- All abrasive blasting and coatings were completed within full shrouding encapsulation to eliminate any waste discharge, meeting the Pilbara Ports Authority’s strict environmental regulations.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings
- Coating Inspection & Specifications