Parliament House, Perth is located on Harvest Terrace in West Perth and is the home of the Parliament of Western Australia, including the Legislative Council and Legislative Assembly.
Duratec was engaged by Parliamentary Services to remediate the front courtyard. The scope of works included:
- Removal of exposed aggregate topping slab.
- Installation of waterproofing membrane on the substrate slab.
- Reinstatement of the exposed aggregate finish.
- Installation of a new spoon drain the full length of the courtyard.
- Waterproofing of the fountain and retaining wall.
- Installation of a new combi flex joint.
- Reinstatement of asphalt.
- Remediation of two access ramps linking walkways either side of the courtyard.
- The works were completed while the building was in operation and to a tight time schedule.
- After the slab was excavated, the extent of cracking was much more pronounced than initial estimates.
- The average depth of excavation during the project was up to 1.5m.
- A number of samples were tested until Duratec perfectly matched the specifications of the heritage exposed aggregate on the walkway ramps.
- Flooring Systems