Norton Goldfields engaged Duratec Australia to complete concrete repairs to the walls in the lower floor of the crusher structure, located at their Paddington Gold Mine near Kalgoorlie.
The scope included:
- Identification of areas requiring repair.
- Saw cut to 20mm depth to delineate repair areas.
- Break-out of all defective concrete and exposure of steel reinforcement.
- Inspection of steel reinforcement for signs of corrosion.
- Removal of badly corroded steel reinforcement.
- Abrasive blast to clean all exposed steel reinforcement.
- Supply and tie-in of new steel reinforcement.
- Application of an anti-corrosion primer paint to all exposed steel reinforcement.
- Application of a spray applied cementitious repair mortar.
- Installation of anodes.
- Zero lost time injuries.
- Excellent feedback from the client on the high standards of workmanship and quality assurance.
- We have been working on maintenance projects at Paddington for nearly four years.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- Concrete Repair