Duratec was contracted to perform remedial works inside Karara Mining’s iron ore screening bins during a six day outage.
The scope involved the removal of worn liner plates and replacement with new hardened Bisalloy Bisplate 500 liners.
Also included was the installation of specially fabricated 2,987kg plates. Given the particularly high density composition of the magnetite which is processed at the mine, the parent metal was found to be severely damaged.
Duratec’s team of coded welders and riggers acted quickly to remove damaged sections of the tank wall, reinstate and fully weld plate steel sections before installation of the final liners.
- 2,953 total labour hours.
- Ultrasonic thickness testing measured in over 300 locations within the tank.
- Replacement of over 500 297mm x 297mm liner plates.
- Installation of 6 x 2,987kg liners.
- Over 40 linear meters of weld applied and tested with magnetic particle inspection.
- All works were achieved on deadline and within budgets.
- Non Destructive Testing & Structural Health Monitoring
- Mechanical Works