The project involves the construction of an extension to the existing HMAS Stirling Armament Wharf and associated infrastructure, to support the explosive ordnance cargo loading requirements of the new Royal Australian Navy Supply Class replenishment ships and Hunter Class Frigates.
The scope of work includes:
- Construction of a 107° extension to the existing wharf, consisting of a 156m x 25m in-situ flat reinforced concrete wharf deck on a tubular steel pile wharf with a widening to 33m to facilitate vehicle turning.
- Construction of one berthing dolphin and two mooring dolphins, with access via lightweight steel walkways.
- Dredging to remove high points.
- By orienting the Armament Wharf extension at 107° degrees to the existing structure, dredging and the impact on local seagrass beds will be minimised, and explosive ordnance loading operations on the existing wharf will not be impacted by the construction activity.
- Self-performing piling installation.
- Extensive temporary works for construction.
- 50/50 joint venture with Ertech.
- Tight program constraints combined with a flexible approach to accommodate existing shipping and Defence capability.
- Bridge Maintenance