HMAS Cairns is a Royal Australian Navy (RAN) base located adjacent to the Trinity Inlet on the shore of Trinity Bay in Cairns, Queensland.
Although used regularly as a port-of-call since before World War II, a permanent RAN presence was
not established until 1971, when a maintenance and support base for patrol boats was set up.
Duratec was engaged by the Department of Defence to undertake various repairs to the HMAS Cairns Wharf.
The scope includes:
- Wharf soffit concrete repairs.
- Mooring bollard concrete plinth repair.
- Removal of concrete pile encasement and installation of Denso 2000FD HDPE jackets.
- Fender pile coating rectification.
- Replacement of mooring bollard hold down bolts.
- Releveling of concrete pavement to remove trip hazard.
- Remedial works were scheduled to suit shipping schedule to allow ongoing port operations.
- A comprehensive survey was carried out prior to works to identify additional repair areas.
- Concrete Repair
- Pile Cleaning & Protection