Duratec was engaged by FMG to complete concrete remediation works to 5 breasting dolphins on the AP3 wharf at their Port Hedland operations.
The wharf structure has been exposed to the harsh marine environment resulting in concrete degredation and the dolphins have deteriorated due to the forces arising from ship berthing manoeuvres. The structures are also under significant stress due to large tidal fluctuations and high salinity as evidenced by the profusion of cracks, spalls, delamination and corrosion.
The scope of works included:
- Crack repairs.
- Concrete and joint sealant repairs.
- Concrete repairs.
- Joint sealant application.
- Concrete protective coating.
- Access was gained and all works completed utilising a boat, co-ordinated by FMG site personnel.
- The wharf structure remained online during the works.
- As a result of these works the overall working life-span of the breasting dolphins has been increased and the time period before the next essential maintenance on dolphins is required has been significantly extended.
- Concrete Repair
- Fender Repairs & Upgrades