The Dampier Port Authority called on Duratec to refurbish handrails at their Dampier Bulk Liquids Berth Jetty.
Using pneumatic sanding tools, the handrails were mechanically abraded after a high pressure fresh water wash to remove salts and contaminants. A bristle patch test procedure was used to ensure the surface was chloride- free.
A four-coat protective coating system was brush and roller applied. It consisted of a zinc-rich primer (Interzinc 52), two coats of epoxy (Interplus 1180) and catalysed acrylic topcoat (Interfine 629).
- Duratec’s NACE 3 inspector ensured the coatings met the 600 micron dry film thickness specification.
- In total 380 lineal metres of handrails were refurbished back to their original pristine golden yellow condition.
- The challenges of the project included following Dampier Port Authorities strict environmental guidelines and operating during the many vessel movements of the jetty.
- Abrasive Blasting & Painting
- High Performance Coatings