Cargill Malt engaged Duratec to perform investigation
works, design management and remediation of a
germination kiln duct in Port Adelaide, west of the CBD.
The scope of works included:
- Wall and soffit concrete repairs to the germination kilns.
- Complete slab reinstatement, with protective coatings.
- Replacement of structural steel beam assemblies in germination kilns.
- Replacement of grain support beds (flat bar and support to structural beams).
- Research and development into suitable products and repair methods suitable for high temperature repairs.
- Successfully finished works in the kilns to a standard that can withstand temperatures up to 100°C.
- Successful completion of job within a short and strict shutdown period.
- Concrete Repair