Duratec has been engaged by Lend Lease to perform
remediation works at No.1 Collins Wharf, Victoria Harbour in Melbourne’s Docklands.
On the doorstep of the CBD, Victoria Harbour is surrounded by water on three sides and comprises
green spaces and Australia’s largest collection of sustainable residential buildings.
The scope of works includes:
- Remediation of existing timber piles, including structural strengthening, pile splicing and encapsulation with a pile protection system.
- Installation and commissioning of a hybrid cathodic protection system to provide long term protection to the concrete deck soffit and transverse beams.
- Concrete repairs, entailing the use of hydro-demolition, augmentation of steel reinforcement and gunite concrete reinstatement.
- Application of a silane coating to the underside of untreated concrete beams.
The project presents a number of challenges that need careful consideration and management such as:
- The interface with vehicles and pedestrians as the site is adjacent to public spaces.
- Council imposed noise restrictions as the building site abounds the Collins Wharf residential precinct.
- Delivering a complex project within a tight construction timeframe so as to facilitate the on time commencement of the apartment construction.
- Pile Cleaning & Protection
- Cathodic Protection
- Concrete Repair